PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Rogers, S., M. Donovan, C. Porter, L. Chase, L. BROWN, J. Koo, R. Sero. (March, 2018). Connecting Downtowns and Trails. Peer reviewed publication. Published online https://unh.app.box.com/s/9hlalp2qfjus2zurj6iqrranx78qcsah
- BROWN, L. and M. Aseltine, and C. Flanagan. (October, 2018). Investigating the Relationship between Trail Usage and Health in Connecticut through Pilot Use of Volunteer Based Data and an Online Health Calculator. Unpublished white paper. Peer reviewed by Yale University Public Health Colleagues.
- BROWN, L. E., McDonald, J., Chase, L., Sewake, G., Stencel, B., Northrup, A., Kelly, M., & Faulkner, R. (2018). Foundations and Applications of Theory in the First Impressions Program. Journal of Extension. https://www.joe.org/joe/2018february/a7.php.
- Deller, S., Canto, A., BROWN, L. E. (2015). Rural poverty, health and food access.
Regional Science Policy & Practice. https://doi.org/10.1111/rsp3.12056
- Canto, A. BROWN, L.E. and S. Deller. (2014). Rural Poverty, Food Access and Public Health Outcomes. Quarter 2.
SELECTED INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIAL
- 2019 Webinar Series. CEDAS Academy – Confluence Series: at the intersection of planning and economic development. Planned and facilitated in partnership with the Connecticut Economic Development Association and Connecticut Chapter American Planning Association. “The Parking Conundrum.” (March 1, 2019). 99 attendees.
- BROWN, L. , R. Faulkner Budris, K. Kelly. (March 5, 2019). 2018 Aggregated Intercept Survey Data Report. Connecticut Trail Census. Published online http://s.uconn.edu/cttcsurveyreport2018
- BROWN, L. (March, 2019). Connecticut 2018 Local Economic Development Survey Report. (Developed and published survey data of Connecticut economic development organizations. Published online http://s.uconn.edu/ledo
- Connecticut Trails Website. (2019). Designed, developed and updated educational materials. Published online at https://cttrails.uconn.edu
- BROWN, L., M. Kelly, P. McMahon, A. Berman. (July, 2018). First Impressions Innovate Participant Guide. Adapted from the community First Impressions for communities participating in the First Impressions Innovate partnership with CTNext
- Kelly, BROWN, L. A Berman, G. Thames (July, 2018). Innovation Places Evaluation Template. Created for outcome evaluation for CTNext Innovation Places.
- 2018 Webinar Series. CEDAS Academy – Reuse, Recycle, Rejuvenate – Planned and facilitated in partnership with the Connecticut Economic Development Association. “Adaptive Reuse of Historic Mills.” (September 27, 2018), 53 attendees, and “Re-urbanization of Manufacturing” (August 9, 2018) 16 attendees.
- BROWN, L. First Impressions Community Reports– Durham (Sept 11, 2018), Hebron (July, 18, 2018).
- Published online https://communities.extension.uconn.edu/firstimpressions/community-reports/
- BROWN, L. and P. McMahon. First Impressions Innovate! Community Reports– New Haven, New London/Groton (September 14, 2018), Hartford, Stamford (Sept 24, 2018). Published online https://communities.extension.uconn.edu/firstimpressions/community-reports/
- Connecticut Trail Census Website. (2018). Designed, developed and updated educational materials. Published online at https://cttrailcensus.uconn.edu/
SERVICE & PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS
- Connecticut Trail Symposium Steering and Planning Committee (2017- Present).
- Member, CAHNR Excellence Committee. (November 1, 2018 – January 15, 2020)
- USDA LFPP/FMPP, Peer Reviewer United State Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service (2013-2018)
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals Annual Conference, Peer Reviewer (2017)
- Reviewer, Producers’ First Grant Program (2010-2013)
- Editorial Review Board, Journal of Agriculture Food Systems and Community Development (2011–present)
- Reviewer National Extension Tourism Conference (2013)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Connecticut Economic Development Association Economic Developer of the Year Award. 2019
- CEDAS Member of the Year Connecticut Greenways Council Educator Award. 2018.
- WEECDA Early Career Award Wisconsin Extension Environmental and Community Development Association. 2011.
- People Helping People Regional Leadership Award CouleeCAP (Community Action Program). 2010.
- Regional Economy Builder Award Southwest Wisconsin Economic Development Coalition. Presented at the Building Economic Strength Together Conference. April 2009.
- WEECDA Excellence of Communication Award For “Community Development Connection” Newsletter. Wisconsin Extension Environmental and Community Development Association. 2008.
- Scholarships: Epsilon Sigma Phi ($1000), Wisconsin Extension Environmental and Community Development Association ($500), Pulver Schaffer Economic Development Fund ($500), Emerging Agricultural Markets Team ($1000), and Southern District Resource Management Team ($220).
- Connecticut Chapter of the American Planning Association (2018-Present)
- National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals (2010-Present)
- Connecticut Economic Development Association Board Member (CEDAS) (2015-present)
- Northeast Economic Development Association (2016-present)
- Wisconsin Extension Environmental & Community Development Association (WEECDA) (2008–2014)
- Epsilon Sigma Phi (2009–2014)
- American Planning Association (2008-2015)
- Wisconsin Economic Development Association (WEDA) (2009–2014)
- Community Development Society (2008–present)